Friday, May 15, 2009

Archetype Redux (click for audio)

She is poetry
I read her body
From her words…
To her statements
Decoding everything there is in her body language…
I run my fingers over her
As I get to each stanza
Manipulating her fears of me out of the way
At times holding her hands up…
High above her thoughts…
We take showers in memories
Letting the water drip on us…
Making us wet
Thinking about the day when we first met
The message I first sent After the first piece I read….
Now I play in her--
Making her scream metaphors of pleasure
Giving me subtle hints
That’s every now and then It’s ok to give off similes of pain
Pinning her up against the shower wall
Steam surrounding our bodies…
I run my fingers along her skin
Made of Braille…
I can read her goose bumps…
They tell me not to stop…
I continue…
Down her spine…
From the front to to the back…
From cover to cover I read…her book
I write my own---
After being with her…
Give her a copy…
Autographed….
To: Literacy
---Love Brooklyn----
P.s...Reading is fundamental...
obviously...
From there...
I sit on her shelf for years to come...
For she has become a fan
And refuses to let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment